Greetings, everyone! Thank you for stopping by. Here is a bit of news from the far away land of Papua New Guinea
Dad and Mom have had the opportunity to write several times lately. Here are some of the things for which they are praising the Lord.
1. More sunshine and dryer weather
2. The roof has been put on the house
3. The Lord's help in translation
4. The Lord's help in preparation of materials for Bible school
Dad and mom also asked special prayer for a few items.
1. Pray for the walls on the house to be done soon. Dad and Mom plan to move in as soon as the outside walls are put up. Since the weather has been dryer, people have gone to burn off the mountains sides in preparation for planting their gardens. Hardly anyone is around the village, so no one has been around to work on the house. Mom says, "With the dry weather, everyone has gone off to burn off the mountains, make new gardens, etc. Many have gone to town. Even though the weather is dry, there isn’t even anyone around right now to work. We were hoping to get a team to carry, break, and weave bamboo, but there is no one around to do it. The bamboo that Antuma has brought is getting yellow and dried out and will be hard to work with by the time they get enough here. It can get somewhat discouraging, and sometimes we wonder why the Lord allows things to go so slowly. We are learning to trust Him more, even when we don’t understand."
One of the things that the Owena people have done is to put together groups that go around and do work for other people for a small fee. They do a good job and are hard workers. This is good because it teaches the young men to be workers and to make industrious use of their time. Dad and Mom are considering hiring one of these groups to help them with the house. Antuma has been willing to help, but there is more than he and his one son can do as far as bringing bamboo and building the walls. So extra help may be needed. Thank you for praying about this.
2. Pray for Matin. In a previous post it was mentioned that he had been sent out to the hospital for treatment for Hepatitis B. Matin is not doing very well at all. His liver is really bad, and he may not live long. The good thing is that he has given testimony that he knows he is saved. He also realizes that this illness is chastening from the Lord. Dad and Mom are praying that the Lord will use this incident in the lives of many people in the Owena village to encourage them to turn from seeking after their own pleasures to seeking after God.
3. Please pray for Dad and Mom to be able to get their visas renewed. They had gotten 3 year multiple re-entry visas. Those visas expire this year and need to be renewed. Pray for the Lord's help in taking care of that situation.
4. Please continue praying as there is still a great deal of opposition to the Lord's work in Owena. We know that it is His work, and He will be glorified in it. Pray for encouragement for Dad and Mom as well.
5. Pray for wisdom for Dad and Mom in knowing whether or not to set up a solar panel system for electricity.
As you pray, perhaps you might go through a passage of Scripture, such as one of the Psalms, and pray through that passage as you pray for these prayer requests. Thanks again for praying.